Winter 2012 retreat
The winter 2012 retreat was held Monday January, 9, 2012, in Berkeley California.
Download the agenda.
Slides for the presentations are available here:
- Welcome and overview (David Wagner)
- Protecting Smartphone Users With Permissions (Adrienne Porter Felt)
- Choice Architectures for Mobile Privacy and Security (Serge Egelman)
- Juxtapp: A Scalable System for Detecting Code Reuse Among Android Applications (Ling Huang)
- Alibi: Attested Instruction Tracing as a Secure Thin Intermediate Layer (STIL) Primitive (Amit Vasudevan)
- Towards a secure mobile system (Haohui Mai)
- Platform for Private Data (Mohit Tiwari)
- Security In Social Media (Justin Ma)
- Building Secure Robot Applications (Murph Finnicum)
- Detecting deception in writing style (Sadia Afroz)
- SAFE: Secure Authentication with Face and Eyes (Ling Huang)
For those taking public transit, the meeting location is conveniently near the downtown Berkeley BART stop, so taking BART may be the most convenient for you. If flying in, you can take BART from the San Francisco or Oakland airports to Berkeley.
For those driving, you can park at the Center Street Garage, which is a block east of ICSI along Center Street. We will hand out parking passes at the meeting, which you can provide on your way out of the garage.